Just Another Day in Paradise

Just Another Day in Paradise
Just the crazy life of a neurotic father and husband married to an angel from Heaven and raising two wonderful gifted children.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Brain Fog Express

About 10 years ago I got into a fight with a rattlesnake while working on my back yard here in Houston, TX.  Well, I may have won the fight, but I lost the battle.  Because of that fight I ended up retiring early from my job and becoming a stay at home dad. 
 The results of the bites has caused severe chronic pain, CFS, neurological  damage, fibromyalgia and extreme “brain fog”(among other things). 
 Yeah, I have some bad brain fog also.  But for me it's kind of a blessing. Sometimes when I get anxious, the kids are loud, the wife is yapping, I'm tempted to shout out some (not nice words). But because of my brain fog, I lock up and can't remember those bad, hurtful, words that I used to shout out.  My brain gets locked up.  Then when I'm trying to come up with something bad to say, I get tickled and begin laughing.  Soon, the whole family is splitting open laughing (even though the may not know what their laughing about).  Does God know what he does or what.  Yeah, things are bad here, but God knows how to take a bad thing and make it good (if we will let him).  
We may be disabled by the worlds standard, but we can be more enabled to do things even better than before out disability(s), if we let Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment