Just Another Day in Paradise

Just Another Day in Paradise
Just the crazy life of a neurotic father and husband married to an angel from Heaven and raising two wonderful gifted children.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

An Act of God?


Have you ever become so desperate that you prayed to God for a piece of dead pieces of metal and chips to be healed?

I have several times. 

And I finally admitted to God that I really didn’t know if I believed he interacted and fixed them or if I believed it was just a coincidence that they began working again by chance.  

So when my only laptop crashed and died (No lights, no signs of life whatever), I asked God if he could fix it this time by some kind of miraculous method.  That He would do something special to let me know He really interacted and responded to my prayer and that it didn’t just start working again because of chance.

So after the experts confirmed it was dead with no chance of a resurrection, I took it home and prayed that prayer. 

In Houston, TX the weather forecast was, “Sunny with no chance of any precipitation.”

While I was praying for my laptop, it suddenly became dark and thunder and lightning began to shake the house.  Then rain came down like hail and flooded the yard so much that water was coming in under the back doors. 

All of the sudden, the power went out and we were all sitting in the dark while the thunder, lightning and rain continued. All of a sudden there was this huge strike of lightning that felt like it hit the house and the power came back on right after it hit. 

A few seconds after that happened, my computer rebooted itself, started up and went to my home page.  The computer was working like nothing had ever happened to it and it was completely functional.  

Next, the rain and thunder and lightning stopped and the sun came out shining bright and as I looked out, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.  

I immediately called my wife who was at her relative’s house about 15 minutes away and asked her if it was still raining over there.

She responded, “What rain?”  She said she was working in the yard and there was no sign of rain.  Then she reminded me of the current weather forecast, which said “Sunny and clear.”

Let me just ask you, “What do you think happened?”

Honestly, I’m still not sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment