Just Another Day in Paradise

Just Another Day in Paradise
Just the crazy life of a neurotic father and husband married to an angel from Heaven and raising two wonderful gifted children.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Can you steal the Sun from the sky?



Well, it’s April again, which means it’s the month that both of my children were born.  Two birthdays in the same month, wow.  I hear all kinds of horror stories from other parents with this kind of situation but I don’t really understand them.  I hear stories about kids fighting over who will have the best party, who gets the best presents, and so on, and so on and so on. 
But here in Paradise, we don’t have those kinds of problems.  My kids (and my wife) seem to find ways to “steal the sun from the sky”, no matter what happens on their birthdays.  I know, it’s just not normal, and sometimes I worry about whether they will grow up to become part of some kind of love commune like we had (I mean, other people had) back in the 60’s. 
I, myself, am still trying to learn their secret of how to be happy in any circumstance.  They keep talking about some “relationship with God,” and some guy named Jesus.  I guess I could learn a lesson or two about faith and trust from them.  
Maybe that’s just their spiritual gift.  My gift is pain and suffering.  It keeps me humble and reminds me that “it’s not about me.”  I just have to trust that God knows what He’s doing.  Yeah, it’s that trusting thing that I need to work on, for sure.  If anybody reading this is a fellow brother or sister in the Faith, please say a prayer for me (and my family).
Thanks for listening.  God’s blessings be with you!
Praise be to our Father in heaven, and His Son Jesus, who died for us all!
James.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment