Just Another Day in Paradise

Just Another Day in Paradise
Just the crazy life of a neurotic father and husband married to an angel from Heaven and raising two wonderful gifted children.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Always Marry Your Best Friend:

After dating people of all different religions, atheist, different cultures, races, and in betweens, I had pretty much decided not to marry or commit to anyone. I was content just being single.

The guys in my church singles group used to go out and play pool all the time and we always entered nine ball tournaments together so that one of us would always win and then we used the prize money to go out and eat.

But one week a little Asian girl showed up at the tournament, and none of us could beat her. I asked her to teach me she always won so easily all the time and she stunned me by saying, ?I just pray to Jesus before every tournament, and I just always win if I do.? Then I found out she was using the prize money to buy food and other things for homeless people.

I started hanging out with her and we eventually became best buds, doing everything together (which was usually volunteering to help homeless people, helping abused women and orphans, usually things that she was already doing anyway.

If you ask her what religion she is she will tell you Buddhist, but she prays to Jesus (I don?t try and figure it out anymore, it just works for her).

Anyways, to try and make a long story short, I ended up marrying my best friend.

I don?t think there is anyone else on the planet earth that I could ever live with. And I don?t think there?s anyone else on earth who could live with and put up with me, so it works.

Moral of this long boring story. Maybe there is someone made just right for everyone. I don?t know for sure. A lot of people I know that have been married several or more times say they don?t think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment